NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Digital Eyepieces

Hi, Could anyone suggest and decent priced digital eyepiece for remote viewing on a laptop? I wont be needing it for photography just live viewing as I'm still playing with SLR for photos!! Any advice would be appreciated?!

I saw one of these in action at Kelling recently. It was hooked up via wireless usb and refreshed about every 20 secs - quite impressive - saw some great shots of the sombrero and M51 with it.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks for that, I've currently got a DMA-336M CCD camera (monochrome)but haven't got the video grabber for PC use, I tried one on a small TV but wasn't great for deep space objects..was cool on the moon! I'm still getting used to my setup so maybe I haven't used it to it's full potential. How would that compare to the one you suggested?

Well - I only saw this for the first time a few weeks ago - so not too hot on how they compare I'm afraid - but I was quite surprised at the level of detail on screen - could see the dust lane and central core of the sombrero very distinctly :D

From your link though the DMA looks more purpose built - but I'm really not qualified to comment further.

Archived