Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1000D and 18-55mm lens first light

Well and truly back to the bottom of the learning curve for me.:)

10 @ 3 mins on a tripod just outside the back door daisy chained USB leads from the house PC( obs was running the HX916 on M64)

taken with maxim "colour raw" not sure if that was the right choice.

ISO400.

A bit of a pc problem put a gap in the middle of the run.:D

I had real problems putting this together, more than 5 images loaded to stack and the pc just gave in:( In the end I just stacked 5 "sum" and then the next 5 "sum" and then the two results "sum"

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture5007-star-trail-10-x2.jpg

Mike.

Hi Mike,

I would of used Eos utils to control the camera (or APT) and startrails to do the stacking..

The gaps can be repaired - rather than using the clone tool i prefer to use the lasso tool to create irregular patches and move them to fill in the gaps...as you have control of rotation as well this way.. I flatten after each repair...

Peter...

Nice one Mike... agree with Peter there... In fact, set the camera to jpg, continuous shooting and tell eos utils to hold down the button at 30s exposures... sling all the jpg's into startrails and job done.

Archived