Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sense of scale

Llamanaut

Does anyone have any useful methods for working out a particular scopes manual tracking rate? Im having a bit of trouble tracking down targets, seems im overshooting by miles. I was thinking of measuring the distance between two known stars and working out how many turns of the fine adjust knob it took me... anyone got an easier method (and dont say buy goto) :D

lol... at the moment ive got a basic wooden mount with limited fine adjust controls... now you can see how hard ive worked to find the messiers ive found... roll on wdnesday when i take receipt of my new skyliner 300 dob!

lol... at the moment ive got a basic wooden mount with limited fine adjust controls... now you can see how hard ive worked to find the messiers ive found... roll on wdnesday when i take receipt of my new skyliner 300 dob!

true but don't forget that the dob is of course completely manual (unless you have the auto version?). :D

that said, I find them so much easier to use than an EQ mounted scope.

ive kinda gotten used to finding things myself, for me its the enjoyment of the chase... just wondered if there was a way to measure self alignment or is it just a case of manual fine adjusting?

Archived