SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Baader Optical Wonder fluid

Has anyone used the Baader Optical wonder fluid and Micro Fiber cloth to clean their eyepieces? How does it perform? I'm struggling with streaks using Isopropyl alchohol and Q-tips to clean my Eps.

Also how does a single bottle last and does it have an expiry date? I'm thinking of order 2 bottles to save on shipping, but wouldn't want one to go to waste if they 'go bad' after some time.

Baader is an awesome cleaning fluid, but I think any cleaner will need persistence in order to get rid of oil/grease deposits on a lens.

One bottle lasts ages. I still have, and regularly use, a bottle I bought three years ago! It's almost empty...

Andrew

Be careful you don't push the Q tip stick through the end of the cotton wool if you rub too hard.

I never use Q-tips on my optics - I've no confidence about whats lurking inside that innocent looking ball of cotton wool :D

I never use Q-tips on my optics - I've no confidence about whats lurking inside that innocent looking ball of cotton wool :D

I'll second that, never ever use Q-Tips for cleaning optics. It's not just the possibility of touching your optics with a sharp stick, but the cotton used on it isn't that fine and could leave scratches just on it's own.

The Baader Micro-Fibre cloth is definitely the best out there, several times finer than even the best camera lens cleaning cloth or tissue.

John

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've got 2 bottles of Wonder fluid and 2 Baader microfiber cloths on order. Luckily they aren't that expensive so it's a good thing to have a backup supply.

Archived