Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Storage/Carry bags for telescopes

Well, my Skywatcher 150P has arrived and It's looking lovely in it's shimmering black and gold fleck livery.

I must say, the build quality is much higher than I was expecting for what is considered a beginners scope. The stand is solid and study. The reflector itself feels substantial without being clumsy. I was expecting a tinny tube but am delighted with scope/stand combo build, and attachments. I don't think I'll be wanting anything bigger for a long time to come but will supplement over the years, adding bits and bobs when the need arises.

The first thing I want to get, is some kind of storage bag that can also transport the scope and stand. I've done a bit of googling and forum search but no joy. Are there any suppliers for these? If not I'll get a padded carry bag made by an upholsterer friend as I want to project my new scope when it's not in use or being moved.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm having a bag made as I can get mates rates. He's going to use canvas and line it with a thick quilted layer. I really just want some lightweight storage/carry bag for the reflector and associated bits n' bobs. The stand just needs a thick canvas carry bag made with pockets for the weights.

Archived