Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106

martin_h

30x5mins + darks + bias

Nexstar 8SE with a 6.3 reducer on a EQ5 mount

Camera QHY8

Guided with an ST80 + QHY5 and PHD

All joined together with bits of wire through EQMOD

Still cant process the damn things but its a learning curve that I'n slowly climbing.

post-16950-133877446546_thumb.jpg

Nice result Martin...

It could probably do with some flats... it amazing how they seem to make the processing easier as your no longer fighting the vignetting and gradients when your doing your levels and curves adjustments.

Tracking and focus look good :)

Peter...

Great going Martin!

Plenty of colour and detail showing through with round stars also....

Still learning myself (I don't think that part ever ends though!)

Remember with the EL panel to attach it to some hard board at the back and secure the wires... I've also found it helped to fix one sheet of perspex to the EL panel, and keep another attached only with bulldog clips. Then if you still find it too bright for the camera you can add a sheet or two of white paper to diffuse the light even further...

Best of luck, clear skies....

Damian

martin, that's a great image containing detail I can only hope one day to capture (working on upping my sub length).

So I hope you don't mind me having a play with the image, as practise for if I ever do. I've tried to increase the contrast in the centre to make the structure a bit more obvious, which I think it has done but it's definitely not as natural as your original.

post-17708-133877446662_thumb.jpg

Archived