Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M35 and NGC2158

Yes, this is a very fine image indeed Kevin. Guiding is excellent, as the stars indicate, and the framing is great too, I love to see the smaller more distant ngc2158 in any shot of M35.

I hope you can add the RGB at some time, just to put the icing on this Great picture.:).

Ron.

Very nice work Kevin.

It reminds me of the view of this that I had in a 20 inch dob in February.

How are you getting on with the 383L?

I'm wondering how sensitive it is, and also if the exposed electronics are an issue at all. When I heard about that it put me off a bit.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the nice comments.

Very nice work Kevin.

It reminds me of the view of this that I had in a 20 inch dob in February.

How are you getting on with the 383L?

I'm wondering how sensitive it is, and also if the exposed electronics are an issue at all. When I heard about that it put me off a bit.

Cheers

Rob

Haven't had much time to use it in anger but it does seem to be quite sensitive and I can see the improvement in resolution from the QHY8.

The exposed electronics is a bit of a concern. I am hoping that they have at least coated the boards with humiseal/conformal coating. It would have been better if the airflow had just passed through a plenum chamber with a heatsink to the CCD on one side and the electronics on the other side. Therefore both side of the chamber could be enclosed.

Hopefully the heat generated by the electronics board will stop any dew forming on it

Regards

Kevin

Archived