NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi The International Space Station Help !!

hi there i heard the ISS might be flying over tonight!

but i dont know where to look i know what time but not where and just wondered if maybe sumone cud tell me or if theres a site can somone be so kind as to post the link

thanks so much

kelly

Tonight at 21:25 from West to East for around 6 mins, then again at 23:01 for about 3mins from West to South. The first pass is your best bet cos it's at 74 degrees - the second one is only 46 degrees and further South.

At 21:25 it'll be going from Bristol (approx) in a straight line over to the East coast - should be visible at least from the midlands to the south coast (and further).

Well last night it looked like a very close silver star speeding across the sky - the timing is very precise so be there a min or two before. I'm taking binocs tonight - if it's clear I should be able to see the rough shape. Don't be confused by planes - they have winking lights on - this thing is hurtling much faster with no flashing lights. Enjoy :)

Skies here are lovely tonight. I've not been out with the scope but I was out with the binos. It was so clear at about 21.35hrs I was just about able to see Saturn's rings with the binos perched on a fence post to steady them. Venus was excellent too and the ISS was about as bright as Venus when it was directly overhead.

Skies here are lovely tonight. I've not been out with the scope but I was out with the binos. It was so clear at about 21.35hrs I was just about able to see Saturn's rings with the binos perched on a fence post to steady them. Venus was excellent too and the ISS was about as bright as Venus when it was directly overhead.

what binos did you use?

is it the same 10x50 in your signature?

can you actually see Saturn's rings with it?

i have a 16x50 but never tried.

what binos did you use?

is it the same 10x50 in your signature?

can you actually see Saturn's rings with it?

i have a 16x50 but never tried.

Yes. 10x50 Rocktrails from LIDLs.

In the past I've owned several pairs of Binos, even quite expensive ones but the optics in them have never been good enough. There has usually some glare round the brighter objects in the night sky which has made it impossible to see the rings. However, the optics in these Roctrail binos produce excellent contrast and next to no glare at all.

I will say that Saturn's rings won't leap out at you at 10x like they will at 20 or 30x and I can only see them when the sky is exceptionally clear and the binos must be steadied ie: on a fence post.

Yes. 10x50 Rocktrails from LIDLs.

In the past I've owned several pairs of Binos, even quite expensive ones but the optics in them have never been good enough. There has usually some glare round the brighter objects in the night sky which has made it impossible to see the rings. However, the optics in these Roctrail binos produce excellent contrast and next to no glare at all.

I will say that Saturn's rings won't leap out at you at 10x like they will at 20 or 30x and I can only see them when the sky is exceptionally clear and the binos must be steadied ie: on a fence post.

then i better not bother :)

my binos have blue fringing when looked at bright objects.

Archived