Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pentax XO - just another ortho?

As a long-time lover of orthos, I've just been reading about Pentax XO eyepieces, one of the few items Pentax astro kit that you can buy in the UK. The descriptions I've seen suggest without actually saying it that they are some kind of up-market ortho with lanthanum elements. Or is there something special about them? With price tags of well over £200 there ought to be. Incidentally, it looks from the Italian distributor's website as if all the Pentax refractors still have 0.965in fittings as standard. Yet the prices are even higher than Televue's. Has anyone any experience of Pentax kit? It gets rave reviews all over the place?

Has anyone any experience of Pentax kit? It gets rave reviews all over the place?

Rightly so!

I have been selling Pentax cameras, binoculars and telescopes for two decades and have the highest regard for their optics. I actually own Pentax Binoculars and an 8x30 monocular that I plan to use as a finder scope.

Aunty FLO can supply Pentax astronomical eyepieces... 8)

Archived