Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

are these really satellite?

i made a post before about a blue point of light going through my eyepiece while looking at saturn while scanning the sky with my naked eye i have senn one point of light moving through the plough and another by arcturus?

i made a post before about a blue point of light going through my eyepiece while looking at saturn while scanning the sky with my naked eye i have senn one point of light moving through the plough and another by arcturus?

Probably - there are loads up there !

I've even managed to spot the tool bag that was dropped by the ISS astronauts a while back (I'm not kidding !) - it's path is well known and it's bright enough to see pass over with binoculars if you know where and when to look.

Personally, I don't care what everyone says! To me they are aliens trying to kidnap us and do experiments. :D

PS-> that's the standard answer in this forum, to me it's clear this forum is the cover up of a massive invasion and aliens are running it! I'll probably be next for finding the courage to expose this, please notify my family if it turns for the worst...

Lots and lots of the things up there.

Used to have a link to a good map of the assorted junk floating around and you wonder how they make a safe launch of anything.

Also they appeaar and disappear as they move in and out of the earths shadow.

Quite a few of the Iridium satallites are polar.

As I recall try a search on nasa and j-track, think that that was something concerning satelites, also heavens-above will at least list the main ones from the list size you will get an idea of how many.

Should be easy to stand and see about 4-5 in say 30 minutes.

Yes I'd say definitely a satellite, I was viewing Saturn last night and at about 00.12 and a satellite passed right through the FOV. I then noted the time and when I went in, I checked on Stellarium, the latest version (0.10.4) now shows a lot of the satellites. So you can just rewind to the time and day in question and have a look yourself. Just in case you don't have it or you have an older version here's a link - Stellarium

So the satellite I saw was designated co-58 which after a quick google search I found out it was - CubeSat-OSCAR 58 made by The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation. I also saw the ISS last night and have seen countless other satellites and meteor's over the winter months.

So happy hunting, I'm sure you'll see lots more over time and maybe even spot the tool bag mentioned by jahmanson. In fact I'm sure there is footage of it on youtube if you want to see it!! :D

Archived