Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some studies of the M81-M82 region.

RobH

Thanks again all :D

Sheri....Registar is pretty essential for merging and rescaling all the different data in an image like this....it makes it really easy, and allows you to use all the data that you have, hence the 49 hours total.

Olly....after not looking at the images for a couple of days, I see what you're saying and will post a reprocess over the next few days with the core eased back a bit....I've already done the master TIFF and it is an improvement, as is the slight backing off of the top end of the green curve.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

I kind of felt bad about suggesting anything on such a good image but, because it is such a good image, I did!

Olly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I bet you cant put a fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing it!!!

If it makes you feel better, Slppery Squid, he can't leave a packet of plain walkers crisps in the cupboard :p.

Rob, I thought I might borrow the scope whilst you're away working - Do you reckon I'll be able to take pictures like you do?:D

I've seen all the effort you put in and I think this one is pretty damn good.

Amanda H

Hi Rob - that is ultra creamy... but I'm sure you knew that already !... I don't know what impresses me more, how you actually go about creating an image like this, the dedication you have, or the final result.

It's as if you are "there".

If only Steve Zodiac could see you now.

Stay safe mate.

Archived