Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question for Intes Wedge owners

NickH

I have one, about to pull it in to service, in CaK and maybe continuum

So..

Just to make 100% sure (imaging only...no eyes!)

1: For CaK, just slap the Baader CaK line filter in the EP tube (screws in the base of the EP tube) - et voila...8A CaK line imaging with the refractors

2: For White light/Continuum imaging - Slap an ND3 filter (1.25") into the tube stacked then with the Continuum filter on the camera... - Et voila...540nm continuum imaging?

Read as much as I could online, Baader etc info, so it seems like this is the way forward, but just wanted confirmation fron anyone who has used this rig... sorry to have to ask, but the baader diagram kind of implies they have put 4 ND filters inline along with a continuum... Intes info hard to come by..

Like I say, not for visual use at all..purely imaging, primarily with either the A80 achromat or the TMB, though that appeals less...:-)

Thanks John...it's ind of what I have gleaned. I am guessing that the CaK filter will kill off so much light anyway that any subsequent ND use for imaging purposes will be irrelevant. Dave Tyler's mailed me (he uses one too) with some useful info...

These things have always scared me witless to be honest...mainly the Intes one with the exhaust and having a 4 year old littleun... but I guess caution and proper use will be okay

Managed to find a photo of the old 1.25" wedge

I used a 1.25" eyepiece extender with one of the polarising filters and the ND3 filter on the bottom and the other polarising filter was fitted to the eyepiece so that the eyepiece could be rotated to vary the brightness.

John

These things have always scared me witless to be honest...mainly the Intes one with the exhaust and having a 4 year old littleun... but I guess caution and proper use will be okay

Small children should indeed be be kept away. Another problem is any dogs around can easily look up at the wedge as well.

I have thought about getting one of the Baader wedges with the built in exhaust filter that takes care of the problem completely, unfortunately very pricey, and the 2" wedge I'm using now is pretty good anyway. Actually it's really useful in the winter as you can warm your hands under the exhaust. It's only uncomfortably hot if you put your hands just an inch or so below the exhaust.

John

Archived