EQ5 Slow Motion

Hi guys - just need some quick advice.

Yesterday my SW Explorer 200P arrived and managed to set it up and align before darkness fell and had some great views of Saturn for the first time - stunning!

However, the black slow motion control knobs don't exactly fit onto the shafts that extrude from the internal gears. I've kind of had to force them on which doesn't seem right but after consulting a few images of other peoples' setups, I found that I had put them in the right place.

My question is this: is this normal? Have other users of the EQ5 found the same thing, or have I done totally the wrong thing and buggered the knobs! They were working fine last night in controlling the scope but just felt as thought they weren't supposed to go there. I dunno, let me know what you think. ;)

Dont forget they do need to be tight so they dont come off. I did question it when i was putting them on myself. If you can not get them fully on, use a small nylon mallet and tap them on, they will fit. Remember though do this without the scope on and be careful not to damage nay thing. Also remember a nylon or rubbermallet not a hammer you will damage it.

There is a right and wrong way to do this! The knobs DO have a "flat" that must match up with the flat on the shaft. If you look at the knob there is a little moulded "block" (its tiny) on the outer edge nearest the hole that is aligned with the flat. Put the knob on the shaft in the correct alignment and GENTLY tap home with a soft hammer or short length of timber.

Archived