NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thanks for the Thanks

MikeP

I've read some very kind comments on here in addition to receiving a lot of handshakes from happy participants as they were leaving - makes all the efforts worthwhile.

However, it is my turn now to thank all those who contributed .....

First of all Helen. She was very supportive via phone and PM - I'd have forgotten loads of stuff otherwise. Mainly though, Helen took away actions and just got on with them without me having to worry about them again. You are a star Helen - I should have put your name in the puzzle. :D

Mark at Beaufort. Mark lives locally and did an awful lot of running around for me as well as offering lots of sage advice. Since Mark is a local pillar of the community, his involvement opened doors for us that allowed us to rent the hall and the marquee.

TheThing. Hugh helped us set up something you were all unaware of while you were enjoying yourselves - public liability insurance and cover for the marquee. Thankfully, not needed.

Paxo, lunator and RikMcRae for collecting money for the BBQ and takeaways. A thankless task which they did well and they were not on commission either. :)

MiniDaz who zipped around the camp site running errands for me when my tired old legs had had enough. He was so willing, polite and cheerful - must get it from his mother.

All of you who led or participated in sessions. I've not heard a bad word about any of them - well done. Special thanks to albedo0.39 (Steve) who loaned me his projector when mine was as dim as M74 on a moonlit night.

FLO for loaning us some mounts, some OTAs and also bringing along some bits of kit for inspection and appetite whetting. :D

We all owe our thanks to michaelmorris - he was the man that took the initiative and led a small team up to the house with the 500 watt outside light. Diplomacy won the day and the light was turned off with good relations maintained. Michael returned the next day with a bottle of wine for the householder as a thank you on our behalf. As well as thanks, we owe him for a bottle of wine - Chateau Lafite wasn't it Michael?

Finally, thanks to young Jacob Jardine (TJ's son) who helped me pack away my gear on Sunday. Much appreciated young man.

If I have forgotten anyone, I apologise.

Thanks for the thanks.

Mike

We all owe our thanks to michaelmorris - he was the man that took the initiative and led a small team up to the house with the 500 watt outside light. Diplomacy won the day and the light was turned off with good relations maintained.

Thanks for the thanks, but I'm afraid you are giving me undue credit. Three entirely separate unco-ordinated expeditions set off for the house. I just happened to be the first one to find the offending premises.

Michael returned the next day with a bottle of wine for the householder as a thank you on our behalf. ... we owe him for a bottle of wine - Chateau Lafite wasn't it Michael?

It was Chateau Mouton Rotheschild 1945 actually. (Chateau Lafite! - blumming cheek. I have standards you know. ;))

Archived