Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC4565 L

MikeD

From last night.

Computer kept crashing on me so only managed 29 @ 5 mins lumance.

Hope to get some more L and the RGB tonight.

29@ 5 min's through my 10" newt and Hx916 CCD.

I see at least 50 galaxies in the FOV.:D

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture4668-ngc4565-l-29x.jpg

Thanks guys.

Steve I just used an astronomik L filter from the LRGB type 2 ( IR blocking) set.

I do have a astronimik CLS filter but I find it kills the red channel and I struggle to get good colour balance when it's in the imaging train.

The problem is the only way I can get the CLS in the imaging train is between the CCD and filter wheel which means I have to break down the cam to remove it and I like to keep the cam undisturbed until I have finished a target.

Do you use any LP filters?

Mike.

Do you use any LP filters?

Thanks for the info, Mike. Do you re-focus between each filter change or have you found the Astronomiks to be parfocal in use?

To answer your question, with my OSC camera I use a Hutech IDAS LP filter and it really is very good indeed. I don't currently do RGB, and have just started doing Ha/OIII/Hb using Astronomiks and I haven't used any additional filtration with them as they have IR blocks built in.

The more I look at your image, the more I like it - really very nice indeed.

Archived