Need help with choosing my first scope

Hey, I have been fairly interested in astronomy in the past but never seemed to have the time to do anything about it until now. So I am trying to choose between these telescopes and I don't know anything about them. If anyone can provide me with any useful information which will assist me in my choice, please do.

Scope 1

SK709EQ1 (Best Buy) [Perseid Telescopes and Binoculars]

Scope 2

SK707AZ2 [Perseid Telescopes and Binoculars]

Aim : Planetary/moon

P/s: When I say I don't know anything, I meant I don't know ANYTHING.

Hello.

When you refer you Know nothing about those telescopes, I get scared with it. I think you shouldn't buy a telescope without knowing your way in the sky, the constellations, where to point a telescope to see some deep-sky objects, etc.

My advice is:

- Don't buy a telescope. At least not yet... The sky will always be there.

- Buy a pair of 10X50mm binoculars. Binos are the easiest way to introduce you to the stars and some bright clusters, nebula and galaxies.

- Dowload the program Stellarium. It's easy to use, it's free and allows you to learn the sky in an easy way.

Just my 2 cents...

Archived