Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 5985, 5982 y 5981

ncjunk

First time out in a couple of months and everything still seemed to be working...and the filter wheel was fixed!

Hopefully finish the shed roof next week and get everything back in there.

Still, had a look on CduC and decided to image these three galaxies as they looked interesting. I will come back to these again some time to try to get a better image as there are loads of little fuzzies around.

Neil C

post-14473-133877438482_thumb.jpg

I checked and I saw these in my 10 inch dob June 2009. NGC5985 is described as a faint blob (the spiral) and NGC 5982 ( your bright blob) as a fairly easy eliptical.. I could not make out NGC 5981, the edge on...

Nice picture...

What about trying NGC 4666 which was a nice edge on galaxy I saw last night in my efforts..

Mark

Thanks for the replies.

This one isn´t so much about the quality of the picture more the fact, for me, that it represents 3 galaxies in the same field of view and a few very small ones (if you know where to look you can make out a couple more).

Thats a heck of a lot of stars and a huge distance (whether size of galaxy, to galaxy or between..its a huge distance which ever way you look at it)

Great fun...I will take a few more tonight..there are a couple more in Draco i want to image but they won´t be spectacular.

Archived