Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mounting camera onto scope

quick question. have a "very good" compact camera which has 46mm thread for attaching filters etc. i think i would need a t-adaptor in a 1.25" to put it in my skymax 127 or WO megrez 72 but what else do i need, step up or down rings? i have looked on FLO and seen the t-adaptor but it does not say what diameter the thread on the t-adaptor itself is.

regards to all.

A T ring has a M42 x 0.75mm thread. Compact cameras have lenses that cannot be removed from the camera body so prime focus and eyepiece projection photography will not be possible with your camera. There is another type of astro photography that your camera is suitable for and that is afocal photography. The camera is held up to the eyepiece either by hand or using a bracket or attaching the camera to the eyepiece using the filter thread.

A camera bracket is designed to clamp around an eyepiece and the camera is supported on a platform. Skywatcher Universal camera adapter.

This 1.25" to t-thread adaptor holds the eyepiece inside the body of the adaptor which has a t-thread on the end.

Peter

Archived