Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion UK Dob mount - any good?

I am thinking of mounting a Intes Micro MN76 Mak Newtonian in a Orion UK dob mount. Has anyone any experience of this mount? How smooth are the movements etc.

I currently use a TMB 115 apo in a AYO alt az mount and can quite happily use maginifications of up to 275x. Is this possible with a Orion dob mount?

Thanks

Yes, a guest came last year with an Orion UK dob. I remember being impressed and thought it was nice to use. I think the scope was a 12 inch f4 or similar. It did move well. This was the mount made of cut aluminium panels.

Olly

I have a OO dob mount with a OO Europa 250, Its quite easy to use and smooth in operation.

Well made aluminium panels, If you are getting one also get the optional friction brake which stops it sliping when you are observing.

I used to have one with an OO 12" f4 scope. I agree with all the above comments you can also dismantle it to flat pack for travelling. It only takes minutes to reassemble as long as you remember the allen key. The only reason I sold it was that I am no longer flexible enough to look through the finder or telrad when pointing near the zenith.

Dave

Archived