NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Deep Sky with Binoculars

OXO

Hello All,

Had fun last night sitting on my bench in the garden taking in the cool evening's Air and viewing with my simple 10x50 Bino's.

The delight's were even from my heavly polluted skies.

M31,M13,M57,M51,M81@82,M101,Brocchi's Cluster,NGC 7000, and the Moon with the illusion of it being Bigger...

M31 was a treat even though low in the sky, i made out dark lanes in times of excellent seeing,M13 was brighter than i remembered it before with my bino's more of a small cloud than anything else,M57 was a small pin of light with hints of colour?..,M81@82 was excellent,M101 faint blur,Ngc 7000 hints of the nebula,Brocchi's Cluster excellent...

All in all a excellent night so good in fact nearing the end of my observing i photographed vega and surrounding area's. See the image below..

9849vegadenabetc-med.jpg

40 secs with coolpix on static tripod.

James :)

Interesting James, I do like the moon rising like that!

That image isn't bad for 40 seconds... The milky way is starting to come out and you can make out some dust lanes... Well done!

And I've just looked again I think you have actually recorded NGC7000 - that brilliant.

Archived