Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first galaxy - NGC 2403

Yoddha

Here is my first galaxy attempt. Definitely it is more than I expected with so short exposures, there are even some details. Maybe it's little bit over-processed?

Hardware: WO ZS110, LXD-75, Canon 1000D @ ISO1600

Data: 63x35s light + 15x35s darks.

Software : APT, DSS, PS Curves, Noel's and NeatImage (demo).

NGC2403 - 8 million ly away :)

post-15835-13387743557_thumb.jpg

A good start :)

You should be able to increase exposures to 100 secs with good mount alignment...without guiding...

I can just about get away with 120secs with the Alt-Az CPC mount...so your LXD should be able to top that :mad:

Chris

Thank you Tony! My previous scope - ETX105 taught me to give a try even when there are no big chances for success :)

Here is one less aggressive processing which by me looks better. What do you think?

post-15835-133877435996_thumb.jpg

On this session I tried 140, 100, 60, 40 and 35s exposures, but my alignment was not good enough to shoot longer than 40s (this was quite slightly elongated, but with some scaling it becomes round) and I decided to be on safe side. Next time will try drift alignment :)

Thanks Tony! I'm in the very begging of the processing learning. Having small experience with clusters, the processing of fuzzy objects is new to me (this is my second object). It is very helpful to hear every opinion.

Archived