NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help needed

argonaut

Not sure whether to post here or equipment discussion?

I am looking for a net book. I do have a ipod touch but the eyesight is not getting any better. I am struggling a little with it when I'm observing.

Now if I could find something that would run Stellarium at a decent speed,Wi-Fi access(for the hols),at least 1GB memory,160 GB hard drive,USB ports and card ports. I have read and heard that XP is the best bet for net books. I have been looking around but there is nothing better than to ask other owners how they have solved the problem.

Thanks for your time.

Glen.

I have the Asus Eee and it has the exact specs as you want. I like it except that the screen is so small compared to my laptop but then the battery lasts 7 hours, perfect for taking it out down your dark site.

I have an Advent 4214 netbook.

A very capable machine for everyday use and has the spec that you are looking for.

Procesor: Intel Atom N270 Processor

Clock Speed: 1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512MB cache)

Operating System: Windows XP Home

RAM/Memory: 1GB Memory & 160 GB HDD

Display: 10 inches Widescreen Display

Connectivity: Wireless Enabled plus 3 USB ports

Extras: Built in speakers and Webcam

Colours: Stylish Black & Silver Design,

Weighs: 1.4KG

Dimension (Hx WxD): 28mm x 189 x 195mm

Well,I picked up the Asus 1005HA Netbook from Comet(£249.99) at the weekend. This is the N270 Matte screen version with 1GB of RAM and 250GB hard disc with Windows7 Starter installed. Things sure have changed with these very portable devices. This is a nice piece of kit.

Thanks for all the advice people.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Archived