Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New lens cell for Evostar Refractors ?

Browsing the Optical Vision Ltd website (OVL are the main importers of Skywatcher scopes) the new Evostar refractor models caught my eye, particularly the 120mm and 150mm ones. Apart from the smart new colour scheme I noticed that the objective lens cells look slimmer and more streamlined than the previous models:

EVOSTAR-150 (EQ5) - 150mm (6") f/1200 REFRACTOR TELESCOPE by OVL

The 150mm F/8 looks very similar to the much older version that I have (branded as Konus) which has a non-adjustable objective lens cell. The spec states that the lens cell is still adjustable so I'm wondering if it's a new, more compact, design ?.

The Skywatcher Evostar 102, 120 and 150 models were given collimateable lens cells about four years ago ... :headbang:

It is probably just that the pictures used for the new Black Diamond series show it better.

The Skywatcher Evostar 102, 120 and 150 models were given collimateable lens cells about four years ago ... ;)

It is probably just that the pictures used for the new Black Diamond series show it better.

I know Steve - it's just that the new scopes look remarkably like the older types, pre-collimatable cell :)

Maybe the new colour scheme de-emphasises the bulk of the lens cell.

If you go to the Sky-watcher webpage, you can zoom in on the pictures of the Evostar 120 and 150 models.

The pictures of the lens cell are definitely different to both my 120 and 150 black and Blue tubed Evostars.

Archived