NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DeepSkyStacker

Hi Robin,

I've just downloaded it. Intend to give it a try tonight. Will report back with my results tomorrow.

Many thanks for the link, looks a good bit of freeware as an alternative to the expensive MaximDL and ImagesPlus.

Regards

Russ

I gave it a try this morning using last nights Double Cluster images. And it does indeed work a treat. And copes well with rotation. Image seems a little dark but only because i think it does an average of the images rather than add.

My only quibble is the length of time it takes the software to register the images. I had registered, aligned and stacked almost 60 images in ImagesPlus, in the time it took Deepsky Stacker to do 3. I think i need to play with the settings :?

Here's the Double Cluster image:

post-12650-133877321811_thumb.jpg

I used DeepSky Stacker for the images I posted under Deep Sky...'First Messier Images'

Yes it's slower than Registax but totally automatic. I can leave it and do something else - Registax needs to be watched like a hawk.!.

It depends on your images how dark it makes them. Some early trials I did Widefield with the Canon piggybacked on the scope were a bit dark. The Deep Sky ones I did were fine.

MD

• 1 month later...

Hi Moondog

Your comments re. dark image. I use deepskystacker and the resulting image is always very dark so much that I could not use the Stackers own processing system. I have tried setting for higher brightness with no success. Maybe my subs are too over exposed in the first place.

Archived