NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help Baader Converter Thingy

Just been having a root around trying to see what I can use to have a very amateurish go at astrophotos. Anyway, i was looking around and i found this :-

http://www.baader-planetarium.de/sektion/s26/download/hyperion-okulare_englisch.pdf

Where it shows a camcorder connected, that is MY camcorder, well, should I say mines the same, thing is i can't figure out what adapter they've used, can anyone help with this?

thanks.

EDIT, if it helps, I have figured that if I take an antares x2 barlow and unscrew the eyepiece holder bit , I can then screw the camcorder direcly to the barlow which in effect allows me to fit camcorder with 2x barlow into the 1.25 focusser.

if i can pull this off, in theory it should work quite well as my camcorder is a panasonic 3ccd one, supposedly they are very good at low light levels.

After further looking, the camcorder lens has a thread of 37mm, Baader EP's have a 43.

Yes B is screwed to the camcorder so that must also be a 37mm thread, so really i just need to convert 37 to 43, that baader pdf is misleading.

Also, if you look at my camera above, and you're familiar with hyperions, they definitely have something inbetween, it's a thicker grey coloured thing, looks like it not only 'couple' but is extended a bit.

Archived