NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First M51 & M3, 2nd M81, M82

Uranium235

Last night was very clear (if a little cold), Ive managed to improve my previous efforts on M81 & M82 with better framing and 45 min worth of subs.

I was also working on M51 when I had an unexplained loss of power to the mount (i think the power cable is on its way out), so imaging of that object got cut a bit short. Lastly, i swung round to M3 for a quick 15min blast.... and that was my biggest surprise of the night, for such a short sub time, I got quite a lot :headbang:

post-18171-133877430933_thumb.jpg

post-18171-13387743094_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877430947_thumb.jpg

Thanks peter! dunno why i was so scared of flats in the first place...lol..

Its another good nite, im out having another bash @ M51 at tho mo (live from th3 shed...lol), gonna try for 90 min of data this time :p got good focus too... better make the most of it!

I tried C5 first, did a 2 min sub but didnt get anything... dunno why its having probs with caldwell objects - it finds the messier ones well enough :headbang:

A nice series there and the flats have made a huge difference. From the pc monitor too!? Didn't know it was such an effective way.

I noticed that focus was a bit out on M3. The brighter star on the lower side shows two sets of diffraction spikes. Ignore me if I am pointing out what you already know. It would have made the M3 a little better. Gonna have a go at m3 myself after seeing that!

Anthony

Archived