Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars.. March 4th - reprocessed...

arad85

Hmm..

Just tried Claytons method (virtualdub->ninox->registax->ps) and decided to try leaving the processing to a minimum. The following is RGB without wavelets, but with some deconvolution. I've used both a wavelet enhanced and simply stacked 742nm for Luminance. This is the same dataset that was used to produce:

33191d1267756932-mars-4th-march-mars_2x_run1-10-03-04.jpg

Whilst it isn't quite so "sharp" in the details, it does have better colour balance and less mush than the original process, I think it's much better:

Now onto my Saturn image..............

post-16274-133877430681_thumb.jpg

Thanks dweller25. I'm really please with this version :headbang:

I'm learning processing all the time. Took a good couple of hours to get my head around the reprocess, but it does seem gentle persuasion is better than over processing :p

Hmm..

Just tried Claytons method (virtualdub->ninox->registax->ps) and decided to try leaving the processing to a minimum. QUOTE]

That sound's like KM's method :p

BTW I like the result. It would be nice to keep the detail as well though :headbang:

Ooops - apologies Clayton :p

Yes, it would be nice to keep the detail, but that just introduced a ringing on the planets edge. Perhaps I'll look at it again and mask the bits that are ringing at the edge of the planet. Always a learning curve :headbang:

Archived