Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion XX14

Just wondering if there was any excitement this side of the atlantic re. this new scope. It offers 14" of aperture, a smart collapsible dob base and the push-to computer object locator system, liked by owners of eg the XT10i.

A step up in quality to entry level mass produced dobs - eg the base is not chipboard, the mirror is high reflectivity.... Yes not the price of boutique dobs.

Be interested if anyone has ordered one and from which supplier.

I was hoping there would be one at Astrofest but sadly not. However i had a good play with the XX12 and it was a superior beast to the Skywatcher 300P Flextube., not that there was anything wrong with Flextube.....far from it. But the Orion looks a much nicer engineered scope. It's base is far better with nicer movements in both axis.

But the Orion stuff only generates minor interest in the UK. I think people here will bypass the Orion in favour of the next big Skywatcher. Shame as the Orion is a real nice piece of kit. And the Intelliscope computer works like a charm.

Russ

Archived