NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

nikon d40 oh no!

i know i would be best with a canon before anyone says anything but i only have a nikon just now and can't afford to replace it just yet. right now thats out the way my question, does anyone know a way of taking +30 second shots with out sitting there with the camrea in bulb and opening and shutting the shutter by remote?

thanks for all the help over the last few weeks glen

I use a Nikon MC-36 timer with my Nikon D3 , it fits into my camera with a round 10 pin connection. Check your d40 manual, it should specify a list of accessories. I’ve just done a quick check on the web, looks like your d40 has a different connector so MC-36 won’t work. Best to check your manual or the Nikon website for compatible remote cord (you want one which is programmable, not simply a shutter release).

I have a D40 (oh noes!). I picked up a cheap little infra-red remote from a camera shop which locks to let me do any exposure length. The key is that you have to have the camera on manual mode, but other than that it works as you'd expect any locking release mechanism to work.

Archived