mounting Canon lenses on a CCD camera

sgazer

hi,

I currently image with a Canon DSLR and have a selection of lenses for it. If in the future I move to cooled CCD imaging it would be good if I could use some of these lenses on this too.

Please can you tell me if it's possible to attach Canon EF/EFS lenses to CCD imagers and if there are adapters available? I've been looking for 'Canon lens to M42 adapters', asuming the CCD imagers are M42, but the adapters seem to go the other way around ie. allowing you to mount an M42 lens on a Canon camera.

Also, I've been reading a bit about how SLR lenses have struggled to provide the resolution needed for digital sensors with small pixels, could this be an issue on small CCD sensors?

Thanks

Altair Astro Sell the Genoptik one.. not cheap though £119... (orange thing in January SAN mags Gear section - p100)

Peter...

Yes, I have one. It is pretty good but a bit steep on price, as you say. I do like it though. I bought the additional ring thingy which allows you to get the chip distance right. Ask Ian at Altair.

There is room in it for one filter and since you will need at least a UV/IR that is important. Quick changes of filter are not easy to do though... LRGB would be laborious.

I aim to use it with OSC camera and then add Ha etc in the mono.

Olly

Archived