Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stiff drink required

BlueAstra

Been putting it off for some time, but finally got up enough courage to replace the collimation screws on my C8 SCT with Bob's knobs :). Last night took some images of Mars & moon which looked a little fuzzy, and also visual looked a bit soft. A defocussed star showed the secondary a little off centre.

So tonight, finally, I gritted my teeth and removed the original screws (gulp) and fitted Bob's knobs. I did a visual indoor collimation by viewing the rings through the front and got them back to concentric. Phew! Will do a final tweak on a star next time I'm out.

To anybody who has a C8 SCT I would recommend fitting Bob's knobs, its not that difficult really once you start. No problem getting them from the US. And it does make colliamation much easier.

Cheers Blu Astra

Im not lookin forward to collimating have been putting it off for a while and think I may need to buy some Bobs as an aid.

Glad it all went well

Alan North Lincs

Celestron CPC 925

Celestron Nextstar 6se

Vixen LV 40

Tele Vue Radian 18

Tele Vue Radian 12

Tele Vue Nagler T6 9

Canon 1000D

• 2 weeks later...

Did you make sure to do the knob replacement one at a time?

I've heard horror stories from guys in the US that did all at once and ended up with such a serious miscollimation that it took many many attempts to get the collimation right again.

Something worth remembering, but it's in the instructions anyway.

Archived