NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Will ETX125 Tube fir into ETX90 Fork Mount?

mobi

Hi does anyone know or has tried, if an ETX125PE OTA tube will fit into the meade fork mount drive of an ETX90EC?

Are the ETX90EC and ETX125PE fork drive mounts the same size or would the ETX125PE need a bigger,wider fork mount?

I was thinking of buying just an ETX125PE tube and fitting it into an ETX90EC fork drive.

What do you pro's think?:(:)

No it will not fit the ETX125 is approx 35mm large in diameter than the ETX90.

You have difficulty getting the ETX125 into an ETX125 fork mount as it is there is no way to get it into An EXT90 fork mount.

If you intend to use it for serious observing or imaging mount it on an EQ mount.

clutch slip is quite bad on the ETX fork mounts, GOTO with the Fork mount is unreliable.

No it will not fit the ETX125 is approx 35mm large in diameter than the ETX90.

You have difficulty getting the ETX125 into an ETX125 fork mount as it is there is no way to get it into An EXT90 fork mount.

If you intend to use it for serious observing or imaging mount it on an EQ mount.

clutch slip is quite bad on the ETX fork mounts, GOTO with the Fork mount is unreliable.

Second that. Great scope, junk mount - the Autostar is fine but the mechanics are questionable.

Hi thanks alot for the great replies.

I have been loooking at goto mounts and I found the SkyWatcher SynScan Goto AZ Mount & Tripod..It takes upto 130mm diameter tubes via dovetail fitting and is full goto computerised handset similar to the autostar. And the price is sane!

What do you think? A good combination with an ETX125 OTA?

Archived