lens caps! DOH!

just been out looking at the moon mars & saturn. with my SW 150p newt dobby.

decided my hands were cold, so thought i go in for a hot drink and a warm.

was putting all the lens caps on the scope and lens,s. (handfull of caps in my pocket).

when i came to put the focuser cap on, i heard a distinct tinkle?

realised after a while that the finder end cap was missing. now it was inside the newt.

what must have happened was that the small cap was inside the large cap, and when i put the cap on the small cap fell into the scope via the focuser! :eek:

ive left it there for now. too cold to sort it out.

anyone else done summat so dumb?

Hope it's missed your mirrors !.

I very nearly put a 1.25" eyepiece into the hole where a 2" eyepiece had just been once - luckily I remembered that I'd fogotton to put in the adaptor just before I let go of the eyepiece - it would have probably bounced off the secondary mirror onto the primary knowing my luck !.

Another favourite trick of mine is taking a heavy eyepiece out without locking the mount axis - the scope, then top heavy, swings quickly round either clouting you on the head or bashing the tripod legs - neither very much fun !.

Last year in December - Girlfriend brings me out the glass of Red Wine I had left on the dinner table, I put it onto the table where I had the laptop setup and behind my eyepiece case which was open...

I think you can guess the rest :eek:

Chris

Another favourite trick of mine is taking a heavy eyepiece out without locking the mount axis - the scope, then top heavy, swings quickly round either clouting you on the head or bashing the tripod legs - neither very much fun !.

Wahahaha. Done that, many a time too.

:DAndy.

Archived