Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars - 22nd February 2010

dweller25

Mars - 22nd Feb 2010, 21:05UT

8" F/6 Newtonian, x300, no filters.

Seeing III, CM = 144'

Tonight Olympus Mons was right in the middle of the Martian disk. I was hoping it would be covered in bright white clouds making it easier to see but sadly no joy.

There were however some nice bright areas on both the preceeding and following limbs.

The NPC is now tiny and quite dim.

A 7.9 magnitude star was in close proximity - HIP40933.

post-13701-133877428421_thumb.jpg

Excellent work as usual. Real shame about Olympus Mons, that would have been a real catch.

My drawing still hasn't got off the ground. Since i got that wretched 6b pencil we've had nothing but wall to wall cloud, rain, sleet and wind. That pencil is worse luck than a new scope! At this rate i'll be cutting my drawing teeth on Saturn not Mars.

Russ

Excellent work as usual. Real shame about Olympus Mons, that would have been a real catch.

My drawing still hasn't got off the ground. Since i got that wretched 6b pencil we've had nothing but wall to wall cloud, rain, sleet and wind. That pencil is worse luck than a new scope! At this rate i'll be cutting my drawing teeth on Saturn not Mars.

Russ

Mars still has some life left in it so hang on in there Russ - I saw Saturn last night - very low down at 9:30PM. It won't be long before it's drawable.

Archived