Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RS-232 cable

Hi, have just tried all the things the cable supplier suggested, change com to 7 and above, try nexremote which can't find my mount. Version doesn't show in utilities on handset but supplier thinks it's 3. Mount is GT type. Have done the ascom updater and C du C 2.76c package. I think there's a prob with handset although it works the scope ok by itself. Might just stick to that!

Ron

In the menu on the handset there is an option for RS232 connection, just like the synscan handset. Connect everything up, go to the menu and select RS232 and press enter. You should then be able to control your mount from your computer. Nexstar GT see page 22 and 25.

Peter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partly good news. It's working with C du C with the handset on RS-232 but can't get Stellarium to come up with com 8 yet. Anyhow one progs better than none.

Many thanks to everyone for your help and advise in sorting this out, you're a great bunch of guys!

Ron

Hi Ron,

When you say you cant get stellarium to come up with com 8 I think stellarium will only list 1-4. If im on the right path here you can go into properties in windows device manager and change the com ports number manually. I had to do this for my machine in order for stellarium to work with my scope.

Brett

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4427426522_c4bbd498ee_o.jpg

Hi Brett,

I realise Stellarium only shows 1-4 but the cable supplier suggested 7 and upwards which works with C du C. It also works on my laptop with 1-4 but Stellarium won't. Last night I installed version 9.1 and Stellariumscope, set it to com 4 and got the goto window up for a few seconds. But when I sent it to Mars ( not literaly! ) the window went off, the mount moved but the window wouldn't come back on and it's not worked again since! Doh! But at least its proved the cable is working.

Stellariumscope won't connect to Stellarium now. In the socket box at the bottom of the window it stays on "connecting to Stellarium" but never says connected. Will get there eventually as C du C isn't as good graphically I think.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Its such a shame the stellarium wont work for you, it must be frustrating. I remember when I first bought a high street USB-Serial converter I spent hours brainstorming trying to get it to work. Once I bought the astronomiser cable it took only a few mins to get up and running. At least you have it working with CdC now and thats better that nowt.

Good luck

Brett

Archived