NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TAL 2x,3x available from FLO.

Hi all. I am just looking for a bit of help here. I have a bog standard Celestron 2X barlow which seems to work ok with my SW Heritage 130P scope. It came in the Celestron EP kit i bought. Word on the street is that the TAL barlow is the best low cost barlow on the market so i reckon i want one.

Here's the thing:

My main scope is the SW heritage 130P (f/l 650,f5). I just want to be 100% sure before i decide to go for either the TAL 2x or 3x of what will work best.

Would the 3x barlow be pushing the scope too much?. The smallest EP i would be using it with is a 6mm. The Celestron 2x barlow works pretty ok with the 6mm EP..........should i stick with 2x?

Also i am unsure of which size the TAL's from FLO come in.......1.25" or 2".

All my EPs are 1.25 so thats the size i need.

Thanks in advance for all your help,comments,suggestions.

I am on a small(ish) budget but if you think there is something better then the TAL for in or around say £60 (give or take a tenner).....i'm all ears.

Much obliged.

Paul

The Tal's a good bet. 2x is a bit more versatile. On good night's you'll be fine with the 6mm in the 2x, but not the 3x - that woudl be too much power.

I had the 3x one and it was excellent, but as I said teh 2x will probably be more useful.

Andrew

My Barlow arrived this morning. It was shipped out on monday at lunchtime...so thats less then 2 days to get to Dublin. Not bad going.

Its a great Barlow. I did a daytime test with it and compared the results with my Celestron 2X. The TAL is WAY WAY better. Images are crystal clear and sharp as a tack.

I dont like the little plastic screw on the TAL that holds the other EP in so i did a swap for the metal screw from the Celestron and i also replaced the dust caps on the TAL with the Celestron dust caps.

Happy bunny now. Cant wait for a clear night to give it a test drive.

Archived