NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

equinox 80ed tube rings

Interesting, I checked the Skywatcher site Equinox80ED and its says tube diameter of 105. I wonder if they mean the dew shield.

Mine should be here Tuesday so I'll just have to have a measure up.

I just dont think that "L" bracket will be man enough with an slr hanging out the back of the scope.

If it does turn out to be 90mm then I guess FLO's WO 90mm rings will do the job lovely.

I have the Celestron Onyx ED80, which was much the same as the Orion & Skywatcher 80ED. That is supposed to be 90mm diameter, and when I measured it this afternoon, it looked that way. I use the mounting shoe, which is standard Synta dovetail, so can be attached direct to the mount, or it can be attached to a plate with a 1/4" Whitworth camera threaded screw. I intended to get rings for mine, but have never bothered because I didn't want to take it apart to remove the shoe.

M.

That's good, as I stuck an order in for a pair for the Onyx earlier. Much as I am committed to buying from FLO, £45 is pretty good. Thanks. Now, if only I could find a pair of 100mm guidescope rings that would support a minimum diameter of 55mm, with a mounting bar, for a similar price...

M.

Equinox 80ED turned up this morning, what a good looking scope, and had a quick measure up and the WO 90mm CNC rings will fit it like a glove......measured everywhere else and the only bit that ties in with Skywatchers measurement of 105mm is the lens cap.

Just to add, everywhere that has the WO CNC 90mm rings at a good price is out of stock, so got to wait.

Has anyone imaged with a dslr on an apo with one of these vixen sized "L" brackets, it seems strong enough but I'd prefer to hear from someone who has actually done it.

Its just the scope and the camera, no guide scope or finder.

Cheers.

Mine arrived this morning - fit the Onyx fine. The original shoe is held in place by one socket-set bolt hidden beneath the cork lining. The M3 system only lets me secure each of the WO rings using a single socket-set bolt; it would have been nice to have been able to secure each with two.

I used my L shaped bar on my Celestron Nestar SLT mount OK (attached to a short dovetail bar) on its own, and it seemed quite robust. If I get a chance I'll try it on the WO rings and let you know.

M.

Just to add, everywhere that has the WO CNC 90mm rings at a good price is out of stock, so got to wait.

Has anyone imaged with a dslr on an apo with one of these vixen sized "L" brackets, it seems strong enough but I'd prefer to hear from someone who has actually done it.

Its just the scope and the camera, no guide scope or finder.

Cheers.

I've not used a DSLR but I've used the Equinox with the "L" bracket with a 2" diagonal and reasonably heavy Hyperion eyepieces. The setup is solid.

Mine arrived this morning - fit the Onyx fine.

M.

So your the one who got the last pair from Ace, called them up to order a pair and was told they had just sold the last ones and that knowing William Optics and their ability to deliver on time to check back in a week to see if they have turned up...... :eek:

Two choices, wait or order from Telescope House at about £20 more......ahwell. Not so worried about the clouds now.

So your the one who got the last pair from Ace, called them up to order a pair and was told they had just sold the last ones...

But you said:

Had a chat with the chaps at Ace on the phone today, very helpful. Got plenty in stock and will allow me to send them back if they arn't right.

I'd never have ordered them otherwise - honest...

M.

Lol, its not a problem. I did mention to John on the phone that he'd said there were plenty in stock but he didnt really give an answer to that.

I've ordered some from TH now as I dont really want to wait around for Aces' 4 week back order.

I dont want to miss out on handful of clear nights for the sake of £20.

I got a cracking deal on my scope so I cant be lucky everytime:D

Archived