Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Roll off Obsy track system

adamsp123

As per my previous posts I am certain to go down the roll off "the whole shed" obsy, I have identified a 5x4 ft shed that should do the trick.

So now the bit about moving it about, I was thinking of using a grooved wheel on a track system, something like pulley wheels running on strong plastic tubing.

Have you any thoughts or ideas about this, and any clues to where I might get the wheels.

cheers Pete

Steer clear of plastic "rails" - they will be "all over the place" in no time due to heating and cooling / expansion problems. The best bet is probably metal rails of some sort (preferably sunk to prevent a trip hazard) with wheels running on them. You can buy steel angle (say 25mm x 25mm) and lay this. Then you could use rubber tyred wheels (for quietness) (Screwfix sell them - usual disclaimer. Buy fixed wheels NOT those that castor / swivel). The angle is relativly easy to get from your local steel fabricators (fire escape and gate maker!) and quite cheap - eapecially if you can get "offcuts" NEVER ask for "scrap" or you'll get just that!!!

Another alternative is steel tube, again buried, and grooved wheels to run on that.

Don't forget that for any rail system "leaves on the line" are actually no joke!

Archived