Help with this picture please

Just a guess, but to be able to photograph the sun doing a full 360 degrees around the Earth and above the horizon I would say it had to be taken at one of the Earth's poles during the summer. At the lowest point it's distorted which seams to suggest it's just "touching" the horizon.

So from that analysis: either North Pole in the north hemisphere summer or south pole during the south hemisphere summer.

The way the image is arranged seams to suggest the sun moved left to right so that means you're in the North hemisphere. If you ware in the south you'd see it going from right to left. So I'd say North Pole near 21 Jun.

Definitely multiple exposures showing the diurnal movement of the Sun, somewhere near the Arctic or Antarctic Circle, over a period of 24 hours, but not at the pole itself. The lowest position would be midnight (i.e. the midnight sun).

It couldn't be at the pole, as there the Sun just goes round and round at the same altitude throughout the day, and wouldn't show the curve as this picture does. At the poles the sun just gradually gets lower or higher over a period of weeks and months, before gradually disappearing below the horizon for six months.

Archived