NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

20x80 tripod mounted binoculars

So, I just couldn't not do it. I bought a pair at the ferry terminal. Impression so far, FANTASTIC! I have yet to peer at any DSOs or owt, but, going off what I've seen throught 'em so far, namely bulidings and aeroplanes (at night) and more buildings (whilst drinking smirnoff and coke, at HK airport), I 'm in for a real treat.

Can't wait to get some real light through them. I shall, of course, file a full and concise report.......... Hic......:);)

See you all in UK...........

You can buy astro goodies at a ferry terminal? Now I like the sound of that !!!!

You'll love em. I have a pair of 20x80's and they can't be beat for deep sky stuff.

I should warn you not to have a few cans of beer before viewing, cause you may wet yourself with excitement. 3D tastic views.

Oh yeah....................pics, pics and more pics when you hit home.

Cheers,

Andy.

Whilst waiting for night (and cleods) to arrive, I have been getting a few more daytime lookythroughs of the 20x80s.

889a9c317ee8627b7e7908a50f14d65c_4160.jpg?dl=1265736744

Also, whilst travelling home, I stopped off at Maplins in Manchester to buy these

796798e2732390842cc6744f8d48d5ba_4158.jpg?dl=1265736744

One for my EPs & one for the new binos:

d73aebeee46ab2df27a234ae14dfc0a3_4156.jpg?dl=1265736744

Now then, where's those clear skies..............

I coudn't help it! It was great setting them up at the wee telescope stall (I'll have to take some piccies of it, next trip), in the ferry terminal, I drew quite an audience. And the couple who run it were really pleased watch how I tested them as best as I could, focusing on the light house across the harbour, and seeing how much altitude I could get from the tripod/mount. They gave me a couple of brochures for some of there other stuff, which is identical the the products on "Union Optics of China" website.

IF i wasn't a single guy my partner would say i am having an affair with my 20X90s.

As is...........i can safely say that during the day i can see windows in buildings that are 15 miles away across the other side of Dublin city.

They dont seem to work as well when i couple them with Smirnoff and Coke.

At HK, I was able to position them right against the windows, as so get a really good view across town. In LHR, however, it isn't possible to get against the windows, so I walked to one end of T5, set up, and peered all the way down to the other end, watching to see who, if anyone, would notice that I was watching them. Only one of the Indoneasian cleaners was sharp eyeed enough to notice.

Archived