Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Astromaster 90

Are these any good? Bought one brand new for an excellent price and am now wondering if I have done the right thing. Been collecting decent eyepieces (vixen, meade etc) and have changed its diagonal for a swan optics dialectric. Its seems well put together and the mount is really sturdy. Just want an opinion really on the scope itself.

I have a Celestron Firstscope 90EQ (not too disimilar to yours) and as much as i have used it, it is a pretty great scope (but me and EQ mounts dont get on too well). Jupiter,its bands,moons etc are all clearly visible. Saturn is simply MIND BLOWING. M42,M45, the double in Perseus etc etc etc. The Moon is the moon and always looks good. They are all there with this size scope. I only have Celestron EP's so i am sure your Vixen,Meade ones will make a big difference.

No bells or whistles with it but it will do exactly what it says on the tin (box).......but DONT be fooled by the images on the box if there are any.

Is this your first scope? You will love it.

A 90mm scope may be small compared to what many people use but it is a mighty scope for its size.

Archived