Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HD Webcam Modification

George

Billetparts adapters back in stock, only 8 left in though! £14:95 + Postage

Ray

i have one of these, i think their brilliant.. a brilliant idea, really nice quality and makes the mod even easier to do.. i dont regret buying the billetparts adapter one bit.. but and for me its a big BUT... it seems that the adapter doesnt set the camera at the right heigth.. i was hoping as it was a special design for that particulr webcam then it would be perfect but i have so far failed to get a dark sky focus, only managing it during the day when testing it

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have performed this mod using the billet adaptor & I went for the studio model -purely as it touted 1080p.

where I've gone a bit off-piste is on Gary's website he states that he couldn't use the bottom half of the inner housing, I have managed to mod the bottom (by snipping the protruding plastic aperture where the cable was fed from) so it fits correctly into the billet adaptor without the need for glueing or any un-necessary extra faffing!

ive also used the original backing plate removed during the initial dismantling phase as a rear blanking plate in the billet adaptor; simply by filing a little groove into it that would hold fast the cable & filed the edges down a smidge to allow it to fit into the adaptor.

It seems to have been a faily successful mod - especially considered the advice on the website said the inner housing bottom part couldn't be used.

No results as yet - courtesy of the great British weather, but I can post up a pic of the finished article if anyone would like to see it.

cheers

Andy

Archived