My kit (at the moment)

Hi All,

Picy's to follow.

I have a 150mm f5 Explorer Newt & 127 Skymax Mak (both Skywatcher) I'm currently using only one mount & tripod (EQ3-2) which has an RA drive. I also own a slection of Eyepieces which I seem to keep selling & replacing through ebay (must stop that! :roll: )

I recently sold my Toucam Pro 2 webcam & adaptor, as I seemed to spend more time fiddling with lap tops than enjoying th hobby!!... I may grab a QuickCam 3k later this year for Mars!

Rob

I know what you mean about spending more time playu ing with the laptop than enjoying stuff... I had to force my self to sit down and actually watch a lunar eclipse year before last. It was most inspiring.

I've heard some really good things about the Skymax - just been looking at the possibility of sellking my Newt and going for one of them but I'd be lucky to get 50% of the price of the 90... and I think that would be too small for a main scope.

Regards

Hi Rob,

Nice setup's you have there!

Again i agree with the Lag of using laptop's(imaging) does take away the visual side of astronomy. I for one have been using just a pair of binos of late just so i am not tempted to use the camera's i have.. although i did a widefiled shot as a momento of the great observing night(see deep sky observing)..

James :)

Bino's are good... when I started out I thought telescope,telescope.telescope!!!.... how wrong!. The bino's offered more than first thought.

Skyexplorer... don't be put off a 90 or 102 Skymax. The 90 scored well in a recent Sky & Telescope edition... if you can save for a 102 to compliment your setup.

Go ebay (as in sell stuff if it not nailed down!!!).... I've started this and now find its funding my hobby!! :) . Just sold a 7.4 Televue super plossl for £33!!!... thats my dew zapper bought for autum!!

Go for it :)

Rob

Yeah Rob, I've been thinking about this all moring now (well the last hour anyway) :)

I may save up for a 102 (or even the 90) as a secondary scope. Would be a better second scope than the ST80 or ST102 I think.

Archived