Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photoshop Astronomy

I don't use Photoshop... too expensive for me; but I do use a free version, V10, of Paint shop Pro and found the Photoshop Astronomy to be very usual, even with this PSP package.

You are gently walked through the various process steps and the image files on the CD give a wealth of opportunity to practise.

I use both DSLR's and CCD cameras, and the techniques shown can be used by both.

It's definately on my reference shelf.

Ken

Hi John

I'm assuming you're referring to Scott Ireland's book.

Like Rob, I bought this book when I started to get into AP. It's excellent and has some great tutorials. I'd thoroughly recommend it even though it is a bit pricey. It takes a very purist view to Photoshop however and most things are done in what are known as Layers - a non-destructive approach to processing. Sometimes this isn't always necessary.

What I'd also recommend is to find Don Waid's online tutorials. They are very helpful (and free!) although not as thorough and comprehensive as Scott's book. They do demonstrate a slightly different approach which is sometimes useful

HTH

Steve

Thinking of buying the book Photoshop Astronomy, it's not cheap and I was wondering if anyone has a copy and would like to comment on it? Put simply, is it worth the money? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Take care

John

I would recommend this book very highly; Scott Ireland's techniques and tips for applying the power of Photoshop to astro photos are well described and illustrated by example files on the disc accompanying the book. I have just started imaging again after a prolonged lay-off and find this book a great source of useful information as I refresh my memory of processing techniques.

HTH

Derrick

Hi John

What I'd also recommend is to find Don Waid's online tutorials. They are very helpful (and free!) although not as thorough and comprehensive as Scott's book. They do demonstrate a slightly different approach which is sometimes useful

HTH

Steve

Hi do you have a link for this, I am having difficulty finding one

Archived