Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik OAG Off Axis Guider

FLO

I understand what you mean.

The thread of the 16ic tightens to the point the sensor is square to the optical plane for the light coming in*.. i.e. when the screw threads tighten, the camera sensor is aligned to the prism (although there's a circular hole the light comes through - the prism is rectangular).

This means if a star moves along the X axis of the imaging camera sensor (assuming it's aligned by rotation), then the star moves along the X axis of the guide camera...

Yep, that's exactly what I'd like. Unfortunately it looks like the Titan doesn't tighten to arrive at the same orientation. :)

I'm glad my explanation wasn't as lousy as I thought.

I have two of the extending back focus rings in place for the 16ic that come with the OAG.

I understand why you wish to rotate the guide camera - to align the RA along the X axis and DEC against the Y axis, resulting a better accuracy.

I noticed that in your picture, and I found it interesting. I imagined that the Atik cameras all had their sensors roughly the same distance from their front screw fitting. At least, I was surprised to see that you were using so many of the extension rings, when I am only using the smallest one and a little of the focus extension of the OAG itself. I didn't imagine that the Titan and 16ic (or 314 and 383, for that matter) would differ that much.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived