Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Games controller

Hi,

The local 'crack-converters' seems to have a few post-Xmas game controllers, and thought I'd see if I could pick one up to use with the HEQ5 via EQMOD. Believe it or not, I've never even used one, having not played a game on PC since network DOOM at college nearly 20 years ago.

So, what sort of game controller works best for controlling a scope via laptop? Is there a particular one to go for, or avoid? What should I look out for?

M.

Wireless Logitech seems to be popular.... I use the wireless number pad....feels more like the ol' Meade Lx200 "Brick" ... no fiddly bits!

Ken

going off topic whats the quality like on the logitech number pad? i'm thinking of getting one to velcro to my G25 wheel for iracing as wheel mounted controls are eaiser than the shift assembly button ( and we're going to need a lot more when the williams FW31 arrives according to a couple of williams techs who work on their sim)

The quality seems to be good.

It comes with it's own padded pouch and there's even a recess to hold the wireless USB module, so all in all a nice finish.

The only issue I have is that it needs to have "line of sight" to the USB module to operate..... this can be a little awkward depending on the position of the scope....( I don't know if this is a common problem with all wireless controllers - I've never had one to compare)

Ken

Archived