Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars about midnight on the 18th

geoff_k

Not much happening for a couple of weeks since the really cold weather and more rain and cloud on the way if the Beeb are to be believed.

Clear but heavy condensation last night. I managed a few captures but couldn't get much detail other than the polar cap.

Europa 250 Newtonian, 3 x Barlow, ATIK IR Filter and Webcam. Processed in Registax 4 as 5 didn't give very good results. Hope the weather is clear around opposition time.

post-13129-133877420811_thumb.jpg

post-13129-133877420812_thumb.jpg

post-13129-133877420813_thumb.jpg

i also had about 40min with Mars at around 20:30 last night with the lightbridge, condesation was a big issue but managed to get some drawings of the results.

Thanks for the Pics - they make my sketchs a little more understandable ;-)

i've decided to try and keep a sketch diary in my "PM's" 2010 yearbook..

regards

mike

Mike

Is there any way you can post your sketches (unless you already have or are planning to do so) It would make an interesting comparison as I could see very little detail visually through the 10 inch. I suspect seeing had a part to play in that.

Geoff

Very similar to my observation and drawing made last night with my 76mm f/16 and 102mm f/8 refractors.

Sirenum visible in the south with limb haze present appearing quite bright. Tharsis was bright, while the area from Elysium

back towards Amazonis was seen as a faint brown patch extending down towards the south.

Archived