Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with new scope please..

Hi got my scope eventually! but the r.a. setting circle has a gap and seems loose, the rest of the eq5 is really sturdy but this seems a bit flimsy.. here is a pic. The gap can be closed but that leaves one at the top. Is this right? how do i fix it if not .. Thanks

jzzm2s.jpg

I have a gap there on my HEQ5. I'd not noticed it. I've had no problems with it at all. In fact, I don't think that ring is actually fixed to anything, although it does rotate with that axes. The ring below it with the white mark on, is locked in place as an alignment point for that disk so you can line it up if it moves.

I've learnt in the last few days that the whole polar scope assembly screws into the mount, i never knew that. You could try unscrewing it and then screw it back in tight. Just make sure the thread is clean. There's a thread running about this here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/94863-hhhheeeellllppppp-newbie.html#post1355423

Russ

Archived