Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A moment of reflection

G4AQB

Took this image at about 7.45 tonight with my Canon 350D with 200mm zoom lens. ISO 100.

Tonight on New Years Eve I saw a Partial Lunar Eclipse (about 10%) It is also a 'Blue Moon' the second full moon of the month. A wonderful sight in the clear sky tonight after all the snow and gloomy weather.

The last time there was a Lunar Eclipse and a Blue Moon together was 350 years ago ... so I wonder when this happened last on the last day of the year and decade as well!!!

Tonight the Moon is bright, almost as high as it can get in the sky. Cold and calm... a moment of reflection for the end of a year and end of a decade.

Here are some of the children from my school (where I work) with their beautiful poems!

http://tinyurl.com/yfa8sjp

Happy New Year!

Steveygbk4mw

Took this image at about 7.45 tonight with my Canon 350D with 200mm zoom lens. ISO 100.

Tonight on New Years Eve I saw a Partial Lunar Eclipse (about 10%) It is also a 'Blue Moon' the second full moon of the month. A wonderful sight in the clear sky tonight after all the snow and gloomy weather.

The last time there was a Lunar Eclipse and a Blue Moon together was 350 years ago ... so I wonder when this happened last on the last day of the year and decade as well!!!

Tonight the Moon is bright, almost as high as it can get in the sky. Cold and calm... a moment of reflection for the end of a year and end of a decade.

Here are some of the children from my school (where I work) with their beautiful poems!

http://tinyurl.com/yfa8sjp

Happy New Year!

Steveygbk4mw

Yes, that explains it! I thought it was the drink. There was I expecting a nice full Moon when I looked up and saw the bottom right corner missing!!!!!!!! ;-)

Archived