NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Eagle has landed!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Celestron 2x Barlow. Its not an expensive one. It came in the EP kit i have. It works fine with the bigger apeture scope. I'm sure if you read around here a bit that you will find the names of better quality ones. There are 3-4 names that keep coming up over and over again: Celestron Ultima,Powermate(?),Televue etc.

I have a Celestron 2x Barlow. Its not an expensive one. It came in the EP kit i have. It works fine with the bigger apeture scope. I'm sure if you read around here a bit that you will find the names of better quality ones. There are 3-4 names that keep coming up over and over again: Celestron Ultima,Powermate(?),Televue etc.

I don't want to get a too expensive one until such times as I bought expensive eyepieces further down the line. I had in mind a Bresser 2x barlow.

.... Celestron Ultima,Powermate(?),Televue etc.

The Powermate is another Tele Vue product. It performs a similar function to a barlow lens but uses a different optical arrangement to do it. Excellent but pricey !.

Tele Vue also make conventional barlow lenses which are also top notch.

I don't want to get a too expensive one until such times as I bought expensive eyepieces further down the line. I had in mind a Bresser 2x barlow.

The TAL 2x and 3x barlows are widely thought of as being the best low cost barlows available. They cost £35 from First Light Optics. Really low cost barlows tend to degrade the image and introduce false colour and internal light scattering I've found.

The Powermate is another Tele Vue product. It performs a similar function to a barlow lens but uses a different optical arrangement to do it. Excellent but pricey !.

Tele Vue also make conventional barlow lenses which are also top notch.

I wonder if you can get a Tesco own-brand barlow? Come on, every little helps! :hello2:

Archived